Friday, October 31, 2008

Blood, Sweat, and Tears

Well I got all my parts back from the machine shop today.  I was progressing at lightspeed, getting right side suspension bolted together.  Decided to cut some 2" sq. tubing in order to make a  lower shock mount.  I was using a die grinder with a cutoff wheel to cut off one side of the tubing when I screwed up.  The die grinder grabbed and twisted in my hand and fell to the floor.  I ended up with a lacerated and broken left pinky.   The Doctor says it should be treated as a compound fracture, so I got a shot of anti-biotics in the ass, and a Tetanus in the arm.  I think my ass hurts more than my finger.   Hopefully I can still get this thing on its wheels this weekend.  

2 comments:

Bosch said...

Boy are you a dum-dum guy. Everybody knoz you aught to be careful with them there pluggy-in tools.. jeepers.

chet said...

At least the scars will remind you of building something cool. I have a big ugly scar on my index finger that reminds me of a piece of crap shed I built every time I look at my hand. You are doing great work, I can't wait to see the car come together.