Sunday, June 5, 2011

Preparing for my trip to Harrison Ark, for the Midwest gathering. Leave on Wednesday, will post pics

Saturday, December 4, 2010

Flywheel end of lower end. New aluminum flywheel, 7.5lbs as compared to 23lbs for stock. Also pic of all new balanced parts before they are installed in block. And a frontal view of completed rebuilt lower end of motor.

Finally a pic of the car in a very wet auto cross event this summer.
Wow, I have completely ignored my blog for a very long time. The car is completed. I drove it quite a bit this summer. I kept having a nagging issue with motor. It had an of throttle backfire that I could not get rid of. I kept thinking it was leaky exhaust header issue. It got progressively worse, to the point that on hard throttle it would start missing at @ 5ooo rpm. I got frustrated and decided I was going to find the source of the problem once and for all.

I started out by replacing ignition wires. Did not help. So I decided to perform a compression test. Really bad news. Only 80-85 psi in cylinders 1,2, and4. Number 3 cylinder had absolutely no compression. Ran a leak down test and it confirmed the compression results. Time to tear engine down.

After tear down, I discovered # 3 piston was broken. Game plan: New 10:1 CR pistons and liners. Complete bottom end rebuild. High performance cams and complete head rebuild. Pics to follow

Monday, December 14, 2009

Today I tore car apart, hopefully for the final time. Need to do finish welding, and install floor, body panels, and paint chassis. Weighed engine and transmission 375lbs

Friday, October 30, 2009

This week I got the steering rack mounted. Installed plate for pedals and footwell bulkheads. I also installed the rear bulkhead and mounted bulkhead fittings for fuel line.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

I built new steering arms in order to attempt to improve turning radius. According to suspension analysis program the new arms should reduce the turning radius by 20%. Now I have to work on steering rack placement to eliminate bumpsteer.

Saturday, October 17, 2009

New chassis with drivetrain installed.

Also made the upper rear shock mounts look much better.

Tunnel has been narrowed.